[plug] Give the New version for Debian a whirl

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Thu Mar 11 11:42:19 WST 1999

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Bradley Browne wrote:

> I don't believe my distro is Slink though.

Slink is Debian 2.1, which as Gary pointed out was officially released on
Tuesday.. If you don't know whether or not it is slink it probably is not,
because the only way it could be is if you'd downloaded the slink packages
yourself and burnt your own cd, and surely you'd have known what you were
downloading.. :)

Debian 2.0, which you've probably got, is known as hamm.. Debian 2.2 (or
3.0, if they decide to call it that) is known as potato.

 - Matt