[plug] Attempting to install redhat 5.2 over network

david.buddrige at mitswa.com.au david.buddrige at mitswa.com.au
Thu Mar 11 14:33:54 WST 1999

So far the only only network install I've managed to get to work using the
install floppies is the NFS install (that was about 12:00pm last night I
tried it and my linux box wasn't set up for nfs sharing, so I aborted - but
at least I know _that_ one will work... other than that, neither SMB or FTP
installs seem to work....

Wasn't able to borrow the CD from the NT box (it was my work's computer) -
however I think my brother's got an old hex-spin kicking around somewhere -
think I'll look at borrowing/buying it of him -  the code below demonstrates
the essential problem with obtaining another CD at present...

while(today != payday) {
  if(amount_required_for_toys < amount_required_for_living) {
    printf("Sorry, come back later...\n");
  }
}

Probably will try setting up NFS server otherwise... ;-)

thanks heaps for everyone's help... 8-)

Dave...