[plug] Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 22:04:31 +0800

Paul Wilson hooker at opera.iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 12 07:51:01 WST 1999

    Hi all,

    Could anyone help out a poor girl with no Linux experience, I have installed APC RedHat 5.2, but have had some problems, want to network with a Win98 machine, but cannot get Samba to work, not sure whether it is installed or not and I need help with installing packages from the CD.

    Please help !!!!!!!!

    Samba's OK once you get a handle on /etc/smb.conf (never done printing that way though). Set the workgroup name to whatever you've set the Win98 box to, craete a Linux user with the same name as the one that you use to login to the Win98 box and that's pretty much it.

    Paul