[plug] Samba stable?

Shackleton, Kevin kshackleton at agric.wa.gov.au
Fri Mar 12 14:03:07 WST 1999

They may have needed to read the stuff about oplocks.

I had a call from our Perth IT section yesterday, they wanted to know how we
were using an Access database around the state on the WAN.  It can't be
done, they said.  From an NT or '95 server it takes ages to open and is
almost guaranteed to fall over.  But no such problems under Samba.

K.