[plug] ($750) Corporate memberships

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Fri Mar 12 16:45:59 WST 1999

Oliver White wrote:

> > >No! Nooooooooooo! (-:

> > Eeeekkkk! ISO 9000 ! Plug doesn't have the resources or the time to get that
> > (regardless of any other reason not to).

> At the risk of looking like an idiot.... what's the ISO9000 standard?

Well, it's actually-usually ISO-9002, and what it means is that you
(corporately) track everything in your business, so after the plane
crashes you can explain that you got the wrong steel for that part in
that plane from that company over there because the plans the
fabricators were working from had faded print at one particular spot,
due to a slightly dud printer cartidge, which was obtained from this
stationer on this date with this order number, whom we can now sue for
damages. If the stationer is also ISO9002 compliant, they can trace it
back to this batch of chemicals, etc and so pass the buck on down the
line...

--
"UNIX is like a Vorlon.  It is incredibly powerful, gives terse,
 cryptic answers and has alot of things going on in the background."