[plug] Fwd: MS porting Office to Linux?

Peter Robinson ribbo at iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 12 23:56:36 WST 1999

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Gregory RAFTERY wrote:

> Interesting! This was what I was saying last week...how will the majorly
> anti-MS Linux community react if/when the enemy actually embraces our
> budding OS?
>
> I don't doubt the MS developers being Linux freaks. It can only be a good
> thing to have MS talent being interesting in Linux. What would scare me is
> if they develop a MS Linux distro and charge for it and then develop the
> apps to only work using MS Linux.

I would think they would port something like MS Internet Explorer first,
As they have released this for Solaris, IRIX etc, or at least release MS
Office for one of those patform first. Anyway MS's core policy is _NOT_ to
develop for a free OS, against their principals.

Peter

| Windows has detected that the mouse has moved, please reboot for |
| this change to take effect                                       |
Peter Robinson
ribbo at iinet.net.au
http://www.iinet.net.au/~ribbo/