[plug] Re: Linux knowledge

David Buddrige buddrige at q-net.net.au
Wed Mar 17 20:12:11 WST 1999

There is _so_ much excellent doco on every facet of Linux that I
scarcely know where to start!

OK, Probably the best place to start is the Linux Documentation Project:

Goto:  http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/

And you will find (among many others) the following on-line books:

Installation and Getting Started Guide
Linux User's Guide
The Linux Network Administrators' Guide
The Linux System Administrators' Guide

There's also a bunch of other guides like the Linux Programmers guide,
and the another book about the Linux Kernel which is kind'a handy if you
want to delve into the guts of what's really going on... (as a
programmer).

Also, you need to check out:

http://www.linux-howto.com/

Which has got excellent links to all sorts of Linux Doco... 8-)

That'll get you going for a start... the other great way to  find things
is using a search engine like hotbot, and just type the keywords you're
looking for... 8-)

Cheers

David Buddrige

htt