[plug] 2.2.3 and PPP problem.

David Campbell campbell at torque.net
Sun Mar 21 14:32:14 WST 1999

Date sent:      	Sun, 21 Mar 1999 10:23:04 -0800
From:           	Trevor Phillips <phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au>
To:             	plug at linux.org.au
Subject:        	Re: [plug] 2.2.3 and PPP problem.
Send reply to:  	plug at linux.org.au

> David Campbell wrote:
> >
> > Problems you are encountering I have already dealt with with Debian
> > "Hamm" & 2.2.x kernels. Here are the problems you need to deal with:
> >
> > a) ipchains is used instead of ipfwadmin - need a different
> > configuration to get things to work properly. I need to grab a copy
> > of the script that I setup for my brother's dial up box. Probably not
> > as secure as the equivalent Debian ipfwadmin script but
> > "It works!! (tm)"
>
> I suspected it was something like this, although it DOES work, as long as I do
> the ip masq stuff after I'm dialled in.

Ummm... I actually do the IP Masq before I log in and it works...

> >From memory, I think I also had problems with the old hamm Debian IPMasq
> config, and ended up doing my own thing there.
>
> Time to look into this IP Chains. (Is there a Debian pkg for it?)

There was an IP Chains for Hamm.

David Campbell

> SB-AMG ?? SoundBlaster Ah My Goddess?? ^_^ (Or do you mean SD?)
I was meaning small bodied (as in micro Urd). We should continue this
discussion off list before we start confusing everyone how AMG was
responsible for the name of a particular Linux distribution (which
has now practically vanished).

David Campbell
campbell at torque.net
"This is not an office, rather Hell with fluorescent lighting"