[plug] M$ wants you to pay & Mac to go OSS(and suicide drives)

zed dynamix at wanet.com.au
Sun Mar 21 20:08:09 WST 1999

Bret Busby wrote:

> ----------<snip>
> After having lost about 200MB of data, and not since having been able to
> reuse a HDD, after Win98 destroyed its registry, in a scorpion suicide
> action,

I had the same problem..or rather my mum did.....it was a new drive and then
one boot up it said registry corrupted ( something i hadnt seen before)
it would fdisk,format and let you install but would not boot!!!!wierd huh!!! it
WOULD NOT take Dos or win3x or win95 or win98..so after many days and nights of
hair tugging i set it aside until one day i decided to try red hat and
VOILA...a linux newbie is born.......i thought if linux can resurrect a
seemingly stuffed 3 gig drive then i am converted!!!!
praise the penguin..( not really that possessed but you get the idea!)