[plug] wordperfect 8

Robert Potter potter at central.murdoch.edu.au
Sun Mar 21 21:28:54 WST 1999

>Stop dont go buying it i had a look and the person that told me this
>was wrong so if this was the only reason why you were buying it please
>dont

I missed the start of this theme - but if you are looking for WordPerfect 8
for Linux, Corel have distributed it free (full version!) with at least one
magazine from the UK.  I got it at Christmas and have the CD here in Perth
if anyone is interested.

As far as the programme goes, it is still a far better word processor than
Word, but not as integrated into an office environment.  The story I have
heard is that Corel are in the process of releasing most of the bits of
their Office suite for Linux so it may be an option for a complete suite.
I've also got StarOffice installed, but I can't say that I've tested either
extensively yet - at least I haven't had to pay Bill a fortune to try them
out!

Rob