[plug] LinuxPPC

Andrew Howell andrew at vila.it.net.au
Mon Mar 22 23:43:30 WST 1999

On Mon, Mar 22, 1999 at 11:46:20AM +0800, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Leon Brooks wrote:
>
> > Peter Robinson wrote:

> > > Ben it should be a relitivly easy step, although one not necessarily for
> > > the faint hearted as you will probally be required to compile most of the
> > > components. Although if you wish to wait a while you should be able o get
> > > it all on the New version of Linux PPC that's due out shortly, I think its
> > > version 5.
> >
> > I'm fairly sure that at least some of the major WM's are already ported
> > and many are CPU-independent anyway. You may have to type (ghasp, shock,
> > horror) a tar command, followed by "./configure" and "make all install".
>
> Yes, but its not as easy as doing rpm -i package, and you hav ehave all
> the other library's that are required, and there's quiet a list for gnome
> and enlightenment.

If you can stand using .deb's instead then Debian/PPC has

9wm
afterstep
afterstep-classic
blackbox
ctwm
enlightment
fvwm
fvwm2
fvwm95
gwm
icewm
olvwm
olwm
vtwm
wm2
wmaker

Is that enough window managers for you? :)

And this is of course on one of the unreleased Debian ports so far :)

Andrew

--
Andrew Howell
Managing Director