[plug] WINE and cheese night

Gavin Tweedie tweedie at nw.com.au
Wed Mar 24 07:43:15 WST 1999

> >From what I understand, Global Warriors is in Balcatta, which is about 50 or
> 60km from the deep, dark south of Armadale.

That'd be right.

> Any chance of a more central venue?
Nope. I personally would like a more central venue, the problem is there
isnt any which are cheap and have lovely networks setup (granted the ISDN
get hammered....but you get that)

> If it is held at Global Warriors, would the entry fee (I understand it's
> about $15) apply?
Yup, its actually $10 entry and $5 to become a member (which you must to
enter) so first time is 15, thereafter 10.

> If Linux can be installed on a 486, with 4MB of RAM, would that run WINE?
Linux can be installed, you'd have a hard time getting X windows up with
just 4mb ram.

Gav