[plug] WINE and cheese night: venue

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Thu Mar 25 08:48:48 WST 1999

Bret Busby wrote:
> From what I understand, Global Warriors is in Balcatta, which is about 50 or
> 60km from the deep, dark south of Armadale.

35-40km would be much more accurate, depending on which part of
Armadale.

> Any chance of a more central venue?

Yes. Now enquiring about the Health Department lecture theatre near
Claisebrook train station.

> If it is held at Global Warriors, would the entry fee (I understand it's
> about $15) apply?

We'll discuss that with GW on Sunday.

> If Linux can be installed on a 486, with 4MB of RAM, would that run WINE?

I don't think "run" is quite the right word. It would, given a large
enough swap file, complete any task you assigned it. But it would not by
any stretch of the imagination be fast. (-:

--
My favourite quote about APL - "I refuse to use any computer language
in which the proponents shove snippets of code under each other's