[plug] StarOffice - WP8 comments

Mark Saxon mark at omninet.net.au
Sun Mar 28 07:00:44 WST 1999

I finally managed to get a copy of StarOffice 5 to try out. AM KEEN TO
DITCH WIN95 IF I CAN.
It was  disappointingly slow on my machine. AMD K233 64M.  I only came with
PS printer drivers and trying to use the printer set up utility seg faulted
my window manager which I guess may be the fault of Server.  I'll probably
have another go at it by fiddling with my own setup but not to impressed so
far.

Could any one recommend or comment on Applix Ware .

Also finally got hold of WP8 on CD April issue APG  I gave up trying to
down load it. Telsra are using old fence line for phone lines out here.

It works fine the only hitch being it is cropped somewhat having no
templates or non PS printer drivers installed.  I was able to work around
this by borrowing drivers from WP7 that came with RH 5.1 Demo disk. It will
now be my word processor of choice until GNU wp pops up.

Now for a Spread sheet app and I can finally make the leap.