[plug] SuSE and the aopen pa50 video card

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Sun Mar 28 10:25:50 WST 1999

Rick (VK6EP) wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've just installed SuSE 6.0. All went real well, except for the video
> card bit.
>
> Unlike Redhat and Caldera, it at least recognized my (AGP) aopen pa50
> video card, but, it only recognizes 1mb of ram on it. There is in fact
> 8mb. As a result, I can't set much of a colour depth.
>
> Has anyone been able to work around this problem, or have any idea how I
> might handle it??

You can override the amount of RAM in the XF86Config file. On RH, that
lives in /etc/X11 but may be a different place in SuSE (try find / -name
XF86Config if need be). The man page tells all.

--
The Chico, California, City Council enacted a ban on nuclear weapons,
setting a $500 fine for anyone detonating one within city limits.