[plug] Kernel

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Mon Mar 29 11:10:38 WST 1999

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, strkefoc wrote:

> Yeah I've read the HowTo but my problem is that everytime I try to download the new
> kernel I'll get to 80% completed then it'll hang there and won't download anymore
> which is a bit of a pain.

Where are you getting it from?
Try a local mirror like ftp.linux.org.au or ftp.uwa.edu.au.

> Do you know of anyone who has the kernel who can email me the kernel

Eek!

You're having trouble downloading a >10MB file so you want someone to
_email_ it to you?

Better try a different download program.  Email is _not_ designed for
large files (especially because it's only 7bit clean so attachments get
MIME encoded which adds about 33% to the length)

Have a look at ncftp or wget.  wget -c is especially helpful if your
download stops because it resumes where it (or something else) left off.

 - Matt