[plug] CD Audio FileSystem

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Wed Mar 31 15:45:54 WST 1999

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Greg Mildenhall wrote:

> If you are a good C programmer, you could probably do it yourself in a
> week or two once you understand the kernel filesystem code.

There's also a module called "perlfs" that lets you implement your own
filesystem in perl instead, so if you're a better perl programmer than c
programmer and you don't mind the performance hike, you can play with that
instead. (which is one of my pet projects which won't see the light of day
for a while under my current workload..)

Unfortunately the webpage for perlfs doesn't seem to be there anymore
(http://dd.sh/perlfs) but I've got a .tar.gz of version 0.04 if anyone's
interested.
It comes with a few sample modules including PerlFS::Net, which allows you
to mount a website as a filesystem as far as I can tell.

Hold a sec
I just found the website somewhere else with version 0.05
http://dd-sh.assurdo.com/perlfs/

 - Matt