[plug] Kerneln

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Wed Mar 31 10:47:01 WST 1999

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Matt Kemner wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Jon L. Miller wrote:
>
> > Go!zilla will pick up where it left off
>
> Is there a Go!zilla for Linux? I thought it was a windows thing.
> Most FTP clients for linux will now pick up where they left off. Most will
> even pick up where other applications left off.
>
> > (it's free)
>
> Is it?  Depends on your definition of free I suppose :)
> Most applications for Linux are really free. (You get the source code and
> all and a license that says you can do with it what you want, so long as
> it remains free)
>
> > It's 1.3 MB in size.
>
> 0.1  MB for ncftp3
> 0.09 MB for wget

[summer at emu starbuck]$ ls `which wget ftp ncftp`
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        56436 Aug 25  1997 /usr/bin/ftp
-rwxrwxr-x   1 root     root       127652 Aug 13  1998 /usr/bin/ncftp
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root       110388 Oct 11 14:08 /usr/bin/wget

All can be scripted to run unattended.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield