[plug] PAP Problems Solved

Robert Andrews squirrel at emerge.net.au
Sun Mar 28 13:15:09 WST 1999

Hi all after spending a couple  hundred dollars on connections to my ISP

we fianally solved my problem with PAP
I have RedHat 6.1 install and i have always been able to make successful
conections to my ISP via KPPP but not from a terminal useing ifup or
ppp-on
The problem was with may pap-secrets file ( or more to the point my
password )
my passsword starts with the # symbole and pppd would not pass it
the fix was to place a backward slash before my password quoteing the
password made no difference hence my pap secrets looks like
username    *    \#password
one for the books FAQ.
Regards Bob Andrews