[plug] Education for the masses

Gavin Tweedie tweedie at nw.com.au
Sat May 1 22:02:18 WST 1999

> With the Linux Install one, with the
>
> "Set up and tinker with a few bits and pieces like maybe
> Apache+PHP+SQL, a major office app, pppd and so on. Class sizes 6-8.",

I really wouldnt want to see PHP+SQL in the "Linux install beginner
course" these would be more suited to a more advanced course. If the
person is needing help installing linux, let them learn one thing at a
time to start with, dont want them getting overwhelmed and giving up.
I would probably pay to attend a "PHP+SQL+SHTML+advanced scripting (non
java) for Apache" type course, as I am severly lacking in that department
and its one thing I want to start using a bit more...

Gavin