[plug] Question about email protocols...

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Sun May 2 13:38:27 WST 1999

On Sat, 1 May 1999, David Cambell wrote:

> Does anyone have a good idea about email protocols?

I have Marshall T Rose's "The Internet Message", if you'd like a loan.
It covers just about everything (as at 1993).

> What I am looking for is a system where the user needs to log i
> in to send email (similar to POP where you need a username/password

Does IMAP allow posting? Its the best chance i can think of.

Would it be good enough to authenticate the host which is posting,
then a wrapper on smptd to check the connection?

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
                -- Rich Kulawiec