[plug] Linux and Star Office and dates

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Tue May 4 14:20:13 WST 1999

I selected the UK dictionary, at the start, as a matter of course. I'll
check that it is still so selected, but the setting should not have changed.

In the email and schedule parts of Star Office, the dates are in the format
mm-dd-yy, and, in the time/date display in the bottom right corner of
xwindows, where those box things are, the date is displayed as mmm dd yyyy.

Does Red Hat 6 have a way that these regional setting things can be done, if
RH 5.2 does not?

Also, in Star Office, is it possible to add fonts? If so, how, and from
where. I have found, and am currently using, avant garde, in Star Office,
but I prefer the century gothic of MS Office. I assume that I can not import
a font file from MS Office to Star Office.

Also, with using fvwm95, I think it is, how can I hide, and then unhide,
when I want, the display of the information that appears in the bottom right
corner of the screen?

Bret Busby