[plug] Internet oppression - watch your backs!

Gary Allpike spice at spice.net.au
Tue May 4 17:14:40 WST 1999

Rob,

You missed my point entirely.

The whole idea of using the term "objectionable" is what sucks about this
legislation.  You say you are not a religious zealot, or a fruitcake - I
suggest that Harradine is a person of this persuasion and he and people
like him are the ones that decide what is "objectionable". For example, I
think One Nation is a bit of a joke - but what if Harradine decided their
manifesto was "objectionable" - this is suppression of a persons ability
to express their opinions.  I know free speech is NOT guaranteed in this
country, this whole legislation smacks of further removing us from this
ideal.

Responsibility for protecting children from porn and bomb making recipies
lies with the parents of these children. NOT with the government!

I as an ISP do NOT want to babysit your children.

regards

Gary