[plug] Samba printing problems

Paul Tsang ptsa at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Thu May 13 20:18:36 WST 1999

Don't have a solution, but I had/still have the same problems , similar to
you described.  I did a re-install of redhat5.2 over a redhat 5.2
installation.
...so you're not the only one.:)
My smb.conf and printcap files were similar to yours, and my windows
machines can see the printer ok.  I was although getting something in the
queue for the printer (/var/spool/samba).  It just wasn't printing from that
queue  - there was a file in the directory but nothing showed why I did a
lpq.   Is it possible its a permissions problem for the directory or
something???

-Paul