[plug] Mail and IMAP server questions.

Peter Caffin pc at it.net.au
Thu May 20 23:00:57 WST 1999

> > What preference do people have for different MTA's (i.e. sendmail, qmail
> > etc.) I am wanting to do a home mail server

Sounds like a similar thing to what I have on my home box which acts as a
server for the ptcc.it.net.au domain. I use a combination of Fetchmail,
Sendmail and Cucipop.

A brief (password sanitised) description of how I set it up is at
http://it.net.au/~pc/comp/linux/fetch-for-domain.html. It doesn't use
IMAP, though, just plain old POP3 (retrieval and serving to client
apps) and SMTP (mail sending).

PS: Make sure you test whatever SMTP daemon you end up going with with
http://maps.vix.com/tsi/ar-test.html to check to see if your box is
vulnerable to spammers relaying through your PC :).

 _oo__ |_|_ |__  _ |  _ |_|_o _  pc at it dot net dot a u |
/                 PO Box 869, Hillarys WA 6923, AUSTRALIA |