[plug] Tape Archive Howto ...

Peter Robinson ribbo at iinet.net.au
Sun May 23 17:36:29 WST 1999

On Sun, 23 May 1999, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good general Tape Backup Procedure HOWTO for linux?? Am
> setting up a tape backup procedure to back up a server and home areas on
> several remote machines, and wouldn't mind a few examples and tips.
> (So far I'm investigating Linux's "dump" and "restore" ...)

I'd recommend tar -> something like tar czvf /dev/st0 /* in your crontab
(which is what I use for a backup), cpio is also very good. If you have a
copy of RedHat 5.0 or 5.1 official release they come with copies of
BRU2000

Peter

| Windows has detected that the mouse has moved, please reboot for |
| this change to take effect                                       |
Peter Robinson
ribbo at iinet.net.au
http://www.iinet.net.au/~ribbo/