[plug] glib/gtk building problems continued

Oliver White ojw at iinet.net.au
Sat May 22 08:54:34 WST 1999

Ok, this has got me stumped. Trying to build irssi against glib/gtk
(problem occurs with gtk-engines also, but we'll cross one bridge at a
time).

I have installed:

libglib1.2.3-dev
libgtk1.2.3-dev

The make stops almost immediately, due to an apparently missing
glibconfig.h (found in /usr/lib/glib/include). I've updated
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/lib/glib/include, but still no go. This output
from the ./configure script should prove useful, but I'm not sure I
understand it's instructions. Any enlightenment would be graciously
received.

######## ./configure output #########

checking for IMLIB - version >= 1.8.2... no
*** The imlib-config script installed by IMLIB could not be found
*** If IMLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the IMLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to imlib-config.
checking for glib-config... (cached) /usr/local/bin/glib-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0...
*** 'glib-config --version' returned 1.2.3, but GLIB (1.2.1)
*** was found! If glib-config was correct, then it is best
*** to remove the old version of GLIB. You may also be able to fix the
error
*** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing

*** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is
*** required on your system.
*** If glib-config was wrong, set the environment variable GLIB_CONFIG
*** to point to the correct copy of glib-config, and remove the file
config.cach
*** before re-running configure