[plug] Microsoft is asking us for our opinion!!! 8-)

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Wed May 26 07:02:21 WST 1999

> On Wed, 26 May 1999, russ wrote:
>
> > Was this INTENTED to be an AMGIGUOUS joke for the MALING list? :)
>
> You missed "correectly", "ars", "Of cause", using "grammar" as an
> adjective, and ending a sentence with a preposition :)

My dictionary (Pocket Oxford) mentions "grammar school." I can think of
"grammar book" (more correctly, it seems "grammar," but that seems more
likely to confuse than edify and "grammar teacher," though when my
daughters were at school English grammar was not taught.

The last is discreditted these days. It's a rule some Latin grammarian
imposed on English. Would you prefer something constrcted like, "There are
no further corrections up with which I will put?"

I've never claimed prefection for myself (or even perfection). Attribute
most of my errors to rotten typing and you will be close to the truth.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield