[plug] SETI

marks at fs.com.au marks at fs.com.au
Wed May 26 17:00:18 WST 1999

Matt Kemner wrote:

> On Wed, 26 May 1999 marks at fs.com.au wrote:
>
> > Ya, maybe, what OSes can you get the clients for?
>
> Not meaning to sound "elitist" or anything, but if we're setting up a team
> for the Perth _Linux_ user's group, would we be showing good faith if some
> of our members were running anything else?

Hehe, true... My desktop machine is running linux, but I also have AIX,
solaris, HPUX, DU, SCO and windows... I can't really put linux on them as we
port our software to those OSes... I'll run it on my desktop machine, tho...
It seems like a shame to ignore machines just because some people in the
world don't know that they should be running linux :)

> > Do you need a permanent internet connection?
>
> No, it only needs to be connected to send its results to the server, and
> download a new work unit.  My K6-200 does this every couple of days.

Can you submit results via email? The only machine I have here that is
connected is a win95 box, but I am hoping to change that soon...

Mark