[plug] Arguments in favour?

Christian christian at global.net.au
Fri May 28 10:20:31 WST 1999

Hi all,

With all this debate on the censorship bill I'm seeing all the old
arguments (that I certainly agree with) as to why censoring the internet
is a bad idea and unworkable and unfair etc. - are there actually any
arguments in favour of it?  From what I read in the paper the other day,
everyone (including their own consultants) told the government that such
censorship was unworkable so why are they pursuing it?  I know
politicans aren't always the brightest (or at least, sensible) of people
but they're totally stupid.  Harradine's ditched the GST, (close to)
everyone hates it and everyone says it's unworkable - so why is the
government pursuing this?

Regards,

Christian.