[plug] Does anyone know where i can get source for dos2unix?

Christian christian at global.net.au
Sat May 29 16:39:49 WST 1999

Oliver White wrote:

> Nice, but can you make it recursive (for use on source trees)?

Maybe...

#!/usr/bin/perl

if(not scalar @ARGV)
{
	while(<>)
	{
		s/\r//;
		print;
	}
}
else
{
foreach $file (@ARGV)
{
	open FH, "+>$file" or die "Can't open $file for r/w: $!\n";
	while(<FH>)
	{
		s/\r//;
		push @lines, $_;
	}

	seek FH, 0, 0;
	foreach (@lines)
	{
		print FH $_;
	}

	undef @lines;
	close FH;
}
}

This will either read from the standard input and write to the standard
output (and thus can be used as a filter) if it is not given the any
command line parameters.  However if you give it command line parameters
then it will treat each as a filename and open that file, remove the
offending \r's and then go on to the next file.

Therefore if you want it to behave recursively you could then use
find(1) to pass this program it's parameters.  Assuming the above is
called mydos2unix then, for example...

mydos2unix `find /start/here`

Note that with this extra functionality it's about the same length as
the original C program. :)

BTW mate, I think your system clock is wrong or something... about 3
hours behind?

Cya,

Christian.