[plug] pppd

Garth Atkinson garth at cclinic.com.au
Mon Nov 1 01:54:09 WST 1999

Hi Dean

Edit the /etc/mgetty+sendfax/login.config file and remove the '#' symbol
from the line that contains the words AutoPPP.

This symbol denotes a text comment follows it. As such pppd was not
executing when it should have, and the default login process /bin/login
was running instead. This was pointed out by Jeremy in one of his posts
to your email.

Garth