[plug] finally starting to get somewhere

Stephen Smart sinister at servcom.net.au
Tue Nov 2 01:59:44 WST 1999

> Sounds like kppp is buggy as all hell if the box is not ticked, but it
> goes ahead and does it anyway.
> My suggestion is to scrap kppp and configure kppp the oldfashioned way. :)
> See http://live.networx.net.au/LinuxToNetworx.txt for some basic
> instructions on how to set up a Linux machine to dial into Networx
> It should work with most ISPs - just change the phone number and DNS
> settings to match your ISP.

I configured kppp the way it says, it will connect in root but not in another
account, nothing happens. It also disconnects me pretty well straight away
unless I start sending or receiving data
I also thought I might give my service provider a ring, and ask them if there
were any setting I need to know about, the nice bloke from Tech support said
"Umm, I dont know. Kppp is good but I cant tell you anything else because Ive
only been using Linux for two weeks" thats one more week than me and thats
scarey.
    --
Cheers Max
When I read about the evils of drinking