[plug] Cant telnet into box over PPP link

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Mon Nov 1 13:42:38 WST 1999

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, John Summerfield wrote:

> > > I can establish FTP and HTTP
> > > connections remotely, but trying to telnet I get 'no route to host' or

> More likely he has to add a route somewhere with the route command.
>
> If it's blocked, 'connection refused' is more likely.

Read the email again, John.
He says he can FTP or HTTP to his box, but not telnet.

Connection refused is what you get if the firewall is local, or there
is nothing bound to that port, but if the firewall is on the router (esp
if it's a linux router using "reject" as the rule) then you get "no route
to host"

 - Matt