[plug] Linux Training Course

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Tue Nov 2 21:29:01 WST 1999

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Peter Smith wrote:

> problem i still have is my printer. I have an Epsom 740. I am still clueless
> as to how to getRH6.1 to recognise it. I need to know where to go and what

Linux doesnt recognise printers (no plug&play afaik).
It uses ghostscript to convert postscript, so you need a driver for
ghostscript. Searching for 'ghostscript' and 'Epson 740' I find ...

http://www.cantech.net.au/plug/01-1999/315.html

Hmmm, that looks familiar. What is your 740 compatible with?

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining
and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.
                -- Mark Twain