[plug] ISO Images

Damion Hill dhill at wantree.com.au
Thu Nov 4 22:33:03 WST 1999

Hi All,

I'm currently downloading the ISO images for Debian at work but have a
question about cutting the CD. Is the ISO image all that you need to get
in order to have a workable CD?

I've had a look at the doco for pseudo-image and wonder if I really need
to go through the rsync bits. Can I just burn the CD as it is?

I just received a copy of the 'Debian GNU/Linux' book that was
recommended by someone on this list some time ago but found that the
included CD was missing the basexxx.tgz files. Heaps of *.deb files
though. I'm taking advantage of recently increased bandwidth to pull the
images down. I know I could just get the *.tgz files and put them all
together but I'm coming from RedHat so need to be eased in <grin>.

Cheers,
Damion.

--
Damion Hill