[plug] Advocacy request

Oliver White ojw at iinet.net.au
Sat Nov 6 19:06:26 WST 1999

This should get you all crawling out of the woodwork...

I'm negotiating with a friend in Sydney about some work. The project
involves putting a reference guide on the web - a job for Zope/PHP,
mySQL and linux, it would seem. They're an NT shop right now, but it
would seem that an open source solution would be much cheaper and
reliable.

The main question I want to be prepared for is "What about
administration costs?". Can anyone help me out with cost comparisons?
(Did somebody say Total Cost of Ownership?)

--
Oliver White