[plug] SCSI Install Problem adaptec ava1515

Mark Saxon mark at omninet.net.au
Wed Nov 10 18:43:38 WST 1999

After a minor victory with isapnp.conf a few days ago I was feeling
lucky and had another go at installing an adaptec AVA-1515 I have had
here for a while but just can' get going I could do with some help
maybe.

The card is detected by the bios during bootup okay it appears to have
the correct jumper settings for the default port address, IRQ channel
and SCSI address. I have all three terminators installed  since I will
only be using an external device.

I have trawled through all the HowTo's and tried setting up the card
using  the  aha152x=340,11,7,1  as a mod probe  option that is run as
part of  the RH 6 SCSI device install process. That should make
detection  easy  at least for this card in theory. It it just comes up
with device not found.

I have no expierience at all with SCSI and don't know where to look
next.  For example do I need a SCSI device attached to the external port
and powered on for the install to work? What else could I try or where
else could I look?

Mark