[plug] Weather Station online

Bevan Broun bevanb at ee.uwa.edu.au
Tue Nov 16 14:30:38 WST 1999

on Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 02:19:21PM +0800, Paul Baumgarten <paul at kcc.wa.edu.au> wrote:
> I figure this is probably a bit of a long shot but you get that...
>
> The college has purchased a Davis Instruments Weather Monitor II weather
> station.  This station came with software to interact with a Win9X client.
> The Davis Instruments web site (www.davisnet.com) also provided links to a
> stack of alternative products that will interact with their weather station,
> all of which were Win9X/NT based (except one product that was for MacOS
> :-) - unfortunately nothing for Linux.
>
> The friendly website at Davis _does_ come with the technical specs to write
> your own software however since I am certainly no programming super-guru it
> would take me weeks to get anything that might work and I don't have that
> sort of time on my hands.
>
> My post to PLUG is on the off chance that someone else has one of these
> weather stations (apparently a lot of people use them) and has come across
> some Linux based software that will interact with it.
>
> If this post gets no replys I will assume I've caused a lot of blank looks
> out there.

Have you tried using wine? This would be the first thing to try. There
is a new version out.

Other than wine I suspect that the device is simple enough to program
for.

> The friendly website at Davis _does_ come with the technical specs to write
> your own software however since I am certainly no programming super-guru it

I couldnt find the info you refer to.

BB
--
Bevan Broun                                           ph (08) 9380 1587
Computer Systems Officer                             fax (08) 9380 1065