[plug] Re: netscape & kde

Peter Smith hedrek at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 16 20:37:24 WST 1999

>On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Peter Smith wrote:
>
> > To Mike.
> > If I had wanted a smartarse reply to my question I would have asked my
>10 yo
>
>peter,
>Welcome to the 'net.
>when replying, please quote a little, so i know which particular smartarse
>comments you refer to.
>   Perhaps you offended me by committed numerous violations of net
>etiquette, or possibly i'd just had a bad day.
>
> > son. My name is Peter Cooper. I have no idea what you refer to when you
>
>You just said it was Peter Smith.
>
> > complain about email in html.
>
>You appear to have fixed the problem, but your mail program was sending
>HTML, the format used in web pages. No doubt the manual explains it.
>
> > I have read as much as I have time to about
> > Linux. If I wish to address myself as a clueless newbie, that is my
> > business.You are obviously a person of little humour or tollerance. I
>have
>
>I was suggesting that if people described you as such, there might be a
>reason.
>
> > always found in life that if you don't have anything constructive or
> > pleasant to say, you are better off saying nothing.
>
>Make the effort to attend a meeting and i will try to explain why
>your post so got up my nose.
>
>Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
>                           --==--
>A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining
>and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.
>                 -- Mark Twain

Having recieved this garbage from Mike Holland, I say again Mike, you must
be a person of little humour or tollerance. My question did not appear to
offend or get up anyone else's nose.All the other replies I recieved were
helpful, friendly and informative. You offered nothing.   I require no
further communication from you on this matter.

Regards,
Peter Cooper