[plug] More on Transmeta

Beau Kuiper ekuiperba at cc.curtin.edu.au
Wed Nov 17 09:17:46 WST 1999

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, you wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Mike Holland wrote:
>
> > 	Crusoe will be cool hardware and software for mobile applications.
> >
> > Oh yeah, and Linus works there. But I know of no reason to think Transmeta
> > has much to do with Linux. All the same, its a good mystery.
>
> I'd be very surprised if Linux didn't run flawlessly on the Crusoe.
>
> (oh, and they stole the Debian logo :)
>
>  - Matt

I am actually very suprised about the amount of email being exchanged over
Transmeta. :-) Lets hope they have something worthy to show off next year.

BTW. What they have probably won't be what you are expecting :-). I try not to
get my hopes up on anything that doesn't exist yet.

One major complaint. WTF is with the chip naming. Can't they think of something
cool to name thier processor. First it was pentium, then celeron, athlon, xeon
and now crusoe. Out of all of those, I am very sad to say, pentium was the best
:-(.

Beau Kuiper
ekuiperba at cc.curtin.edu.au