[plug] More on Transmeta

Beau Kuiper ekuiperba at cc.curtin.edu.au
Wed Nov 17 10:23:28 WST 1999

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, you wrote:
> > One major complaint. WTF is with the chip naming. Can't they
> > think of something
> > cool to name thier processor. First it was pentium, then celeron,
> > athlon, xeon
> > and now crusoe. Out of all of those, I am very sad to say,
> > pentium was the best
> > :-(.
>
> But I like crusoe :). Besides it gets across their point of mobility. Crusoe
> being stranded on a desert island, but still being able to survive, if not
> live very well and comfortably. I gather their processor is targeted at
> doing the same for mobile users.
>
> Michael Hunt

I will admit the name crusoe is not as horrid a name as Athlon and Celeron :)
Thanks for the definition, I can understand the it better now too.

Now, if we could only get AMD to reverse the namechange on the K7 chip (K7 was
much better than "Athlon" (what a sucky name))

Beau Kuiper
ekuiperba at cc.curtin.edu.au

PS. If i buy an athlon chip in the future, I shall remove the name and remark
it as a K7!