[plug] Starting in Windows not Unix

Christian christian at global.net.au
Thu Nov 18 12:43:37 WST 1999

Kenworthy Family wrote:

> Dealing with windows as a user is vastly different from dealing with it as a
> programmer.  Linux at least places the user closer to the system (I keep coming

Linux also separates the user from the raw hardware of the system which
prevents the user from exploring things as freely as the course required
-- this was one of my original points.  Otherwise I entirely agree with
you -- I haven't written a program for Windows ever since I started
using Linux and I can't think what would convince me to write one
again.  Linux (Unix) is just such a fantastic development platform.

Regards,

Christian.

--
Here's something to think about:  How come you never see a
headline like `Psychic Wins Lottery'?