[plug] Rebooting my box to make changes to DHCP`

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Nov 22 12:11:32 WST 1999

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 11:58:45AM +0800, Michael Hunt wrote:
> Basically I run /etc/rc.d/init.d/dhcp stop, which works ok. The problem I
> have is when I do a /etc/rc.d/init.d/dhcp start that I get these error
> messages. The above works perfectly fine for all my other services.

It's _possible_ for things not to die properly for various reasons,
at which point something's gone wrong and all bets are off. It's still
extremely likely that you can repair it without rebooting, mind you.

After you've done the /etc/rc.d/init.d/dhcp stop, try ;
ps auxwww|grep dhcp

or the netstat. If it's still running, kill it directly (kill -KILL PID,
where PID is the process ID) and then try the /etc/rc.d/init.d/dhcp start.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal