[plug] More on NetJet site

Leon Brooks leonb at bounce.networx.net.au
Sat Oct 2 20:58:43 WST 1999

(I put this on the list rather than email because others may be curious)

Both machine and ISDN link have been up for 15.5 days now (since that
one and only link dropout, when the local Windows-oriented tech rebooted
the machine in an attempt to fix the problem), and the link has seen 222
megabytes come and 317 megabytes go (they like to send multi-recipient
emails containing buckets of images and AVIs).

Squid and named between them have cut down 507 megabytes of requests to
that 317.

For those who enjoy their modems, the ping time down the ISDN link is a
steady 37.2 milliseconds vs a steady 120.0 for my 33.6K internal modem
(connected analoguely to a 56K LightSpeed).