[plug] Just started with linux, need help

Christian christian at global.net.au
Sun Oct 3 12:32:27 WST 1999

"Rick (VK6EP)" wrote:

> The line below alows all users in the user group to mount and unmount the
> Drive_C.
>
> /dev/hda1 /mnt/Drive_C vfat user,default 0 0
>
> Is this a good idea on a single user machine?

I would recommend adding the the "nosuid" option - this disables the
set[ug]id bit on executable binaries on the disk.  For more info, see
the second last email I wrote with the same subject as this or the
mount(8) manual page.

> By the way, can someone tell me what the '0  0' at the end of the line
> does. I have seen other numbers instead.

See mount(8) or my previous email.

Regards,

Christian.

--
Love is staying up all night with a sick child, or a healthy adult.