[plug] RHL 6.0 install probs

GB gb at perthpcug.org.au
Sun Oct 3 23:33:27 WST 1999

If the installation can't find your SCSI CDROM after doing this, then the
generic boot disk might not cover your drive. Can you see the SCSI drive in
DOS after booting into that dos disk?

If not, look up paperwork/drivers on your drive, and create the boot disk it
likes..

Or, you might be able, if you have space, to copy your RHL CD onto your C:
drive.

Assuming thr cd is e: drive.. The /e copies all directories, even empty
ones, and retains the directory structure.

The DOS command is XCOPY e: c:\some_directory /e

Then edit the autorun bat file to tell it where the disk is. (which should
then be hda1/the_cd_directory, or c:\the_cd_directory). I'm not sure, I'd
have to look at the bat file myself, and it's too late for this stuff now.

Might be worth starting fresh after you've had a sleep eh? Step through the
bits slowly, there MIGHT be something simple.

Garry

At 11:11 PM 10/3/99 +0800, you wrote:
>Yes...

Windows 98: n.
 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an
 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
 written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.