[plug] RHL 6.0 install probs

Rick (VK6EP) rickd at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 5 20:48:57 WST 1999

Daniel,

 It's just a long shot. Some time ago, when I tried to install my very
first Linux system, I was having some real weird problems. One of the
people on this group suggested I slow down my computer. I went into the
mother board CMOS and selected the fail safe defaults. I was then able to
install RedHat. Afterward I reset everything to the normal speed and had no
trouble.

Might be worth a try.

By the way, after a little play with redhat and suse, I went back to
windoze. Did everything I need to do on a computer, and probably still does.

Here I am again though, playing with newer versions of redhat, suse and
open linux. Maybe I'm a masochist, maybe I'm a control freak? Who knows?

At 11:15 05/10/99 +0800, you wrote:
>How tho.. I can't even get into install with RedHat 6... And so I tried
>Mandrake 6.1, and got into install, but when it started to copy the files
>the sscreen went garbled, and all I could see was VFS mounting error
>
>-Daniel

Cheers
Rick

E=Mail    - rickd at iinet.net.au