[plug] Help WP8 setup

Len Bird lenbird at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 5 22:11:08 WST 1999

"Rick (VK6EP)" wrote:

> At 15:10 03/10/99 +0800, you wrote:
> >> advice is to put the files into
> >>  /usr/local/wp8
> >>
> >> And then extract with
> >>
> >> gzip -xzf guilg00.gz
> >>

> OK, I used the command
>
> tar -xzvf guilg00.gz
>
> And it worked a treat. Even got to see all that it was doing, well, got
> some visual feedback at least.
>
> Now, this is a strange thing though. When I run the 'Runme' file that is
> put into the wp8 directory, I get told that there is nothing to do???
>
> I'm of the impression that this is a setup script of some sorts. Anyone
> have any ideas? I've invested a good part of my weekend on this and it's
> starting to make me wonder if it's worth it.
>
> Cheers
> Rick
>
> E=Mail    - rickd at iinet.net.au
> Home Page - http://opera.iinet.net.au/~rickd/index.html

Hi Rick,  Whatever you got it un-wound. Apparently there is more than one
way to do it. As far as was it worth it? Well what you get is a glorified
demo of the program obviously with a lot of the features missing, and 90
days to play with it.

A far better option is to try Star Office 5.1 on your Moo-Cow operation.
These days all Word Processors seem to follow a common pattern, but SO 5.1
is very close to being all things to all people at all times. Best of all it
is for free!

Regards,
Len Bird