[plug] Cheap Linux??

Christian christian at global.net.au
Fri Oct 8 13:39:59 WST 1999

Jeremy Malcolm wrote:

> This should be a FAQ.  Other FAQs might be "What books can I get to
> learn about Linux", "What Linux archives are accessible over WAIX",
> "Where can I find a commercial Linux consultant", "How can Linux play
> my MP3s", etc.  Does anyone think a PLUG FAQ list would be a good
> idea?

It would be a good idea - except no one would bother to look at it.
FAQs are only really useful when newbies (who usually ask the frequent
questions) take a look at them before posting to a list - and newbies
(almost by definition) don't do this.  The majority of list traffic
would become: newbie asks question, newbie gets referred to FAQ.
Whether this would be a bad thing or not is debatable. :)

Regards,

Christian.